SEO For Urgent Care Facilities
SEO for Urgent Care Facilities: Unless you’re working to become the next Mayo Clinic or WebMD, your SEO (search engine optimization) will be all about establishing an online reputation in your local area.
People all around you are busy getting online and searching not only for doctors but also for specific treatments, information on conditions, and advice on how to address certain medical situations. Essentially what you’re trying to do is get your information, your brand, and your practice to show up online ahead of your competitor.
Knowing exactly what angle to take when deciding how you want to shape your SEO strategy can be confusing — that is if you don’t know your patients or the type of patients you want to attract to your practice.
If you start from a position of knowing the types of patients you treat, the type you want to attract, and the services you offer them, SEO is simple, natural, and can honestly even be a little fun.
Why SEO for Urgent Care Centers?
- Nowadays more and more patients are searching for their next doctor online. For example, patients searching for an urgent care center in Miami will likely Google “urgent care miami”. They are then likely to call one of the practices on the first page of results. This is where SEO comes in. Urgent care centers need to ensure that their website is appearing on the first page of Google search results for relevant searches. So if your practice is to succeed in the modern healthcare arena, then it needs to position its website to come top of Google’s search results for relevant keywords, such as “urgent care + your city” and “urgent care center + your city”. SEO is especially important for the specialty of urgent care and emergency medicine, because – due to the nature of urgent care – patients do not have time to call their Managed Care Organization, but instead use Google to locate an urgent care center nearby to them.
- SEO can increase your share of private pay patients. Private pay patients are not restricted by their Managed Care Organization (MCO). They are free to choose whichever doctor they want. This is why – instead of going to their MCO’s website to choose a doctor, they will likely use Google instead. If you want your urgent care center to get a share of this private pay business in today’s competitive marketing environment – and definitely in tomorrow’s – then you need to position your practice’s website to appear on the first page of Google results.
Here is a set of example keywords below:
- urgent care + your city
- urgent care + your county
- urgent care center + your city
- urgent care center + your county
- service you offer (e.g. “sports physicals”) + your city
- service you offer (e.g. “sports physicals”) + your county
- urgent care clinic + your city
- urgent care clinic + your county